The Fogmaker System
Fogmaker is a high-pressure fire suppression system utilising water mist specifically developed for engine compartments and enclosed spaces - which is where most fires in vehicles start.
The Fogmaker system is ideal for engine compartments and other enclosed or semi-enclosed spaces, and is particularly suitable for machines where space to mount a storage cylinder is limited,as is the case with most commercial vehicles, construction and underground mining machines.
Our suppression system has a unique extinguishing performance as it both cools down and chokes the fire, at the same time as the foam additive effectively prevents the fire from re-igniting.
Water mist generated under high pressure through patented specialised nozzles, has superior extinguishing capabilities in engine compartments compared to traditional low-pressure foam systems. The special nozzles creates microdrops with an average size of 50 μm. One drop of water typically 1mm in diameter is converted to 8 000 of these micro drops!
How the Fogmaker system works
- Accumulator: Containing the extinguishing fluid pressurized to 100-105 bar with nitrogen. The extinguishing fluid and nitrogen is separated by a patented piston.
- Distribution system: The accumulator is connected to a distribution system by a high pressure hose and steel pipe. The nozzles are strategically placed within the engine compartment to target high risk parts.
- Detector bottle: Provides pressure for the Loss-of-Pressure detection system. Pressurized to between 24 and 31 bar.
- Detection tube: Strategically placed within the engine compartment, this polymer tube ruptures when the heat of a fire comes in contact with it.
- Patented release valve: The piston accumulator, distribution system and detection systems are inter-linked via the patented valve. This valve keeps the piston accumulator closed when the pressure in the detector bottle is normal.
- Detection tube: If there is a fire, the detection tube bursts, the pressure falls in the detection system and the valve in the piston accumulator opens.
- Alarm panel: Mounted in the driver compartment provides the driver with information and status of the system.
- Patented nozzles: The extinguishing fluid is pressed through the distribution system’s nozzles and a water mist is spread quickly throughout the compartment to be protected.
- Audible alarm: Provides the driver and passengers with an audible warning of a fire.
- Alarm light: Provides the driver and passengers a visual alarm of a fire.